Current Version: 1.5.3
How you go about getting updated versions of the game depends on where you bought it.
If you have a problem and need some help, be sure to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1.5.3 - 2016/02/12
- Fixed missing guide button for touch controller
- Fixed centering of hint messages on screen
- Added rectangle on worldmap to indicate player is over a level entrance
1.5.2 - 2016/02/10
- Adjusted controller deadzone
- Fixed save location being shown on achievements screen
- Decreased toy prices
- Changed default controls
- Fixed controller axis scrolling wildly around menus
- Fixed left edge worldmap exit bug
1.5.1 - 2016/02/06
- Improved error reporting/handling
- Slowed down some very fast NPCs
- Made the left level edge an exit
- Increased bee divebomb length
1.5.0 - 2015/12/30
- Updated compiler/libraries/build system (primarily upgraded to SDL2)
- Fixed game sound cutting out in Linux
- Fixed game crashing in Linux
- Fixed game freezing on close
- Removed profile system
- Ported the game to Android
- Added touch controller
- Disabled periodic saving of data
- Abandoned use of installer on Windows
- Switched to C++11
1.4.0 - 2013/7/19
- Updated compiler/libraries.
- Ported the game to Linux and OS X!
- Released the level editor for all 3 platforms.
- Open-sourced both the game and level editor.
- Added AI-controlled players for both multiplayer game modes.
- Added several new special items that grant new capabilities.
- The homing shot is now a special upgrade item that must be acquired.
- Added some secret areas to acquire the new special items.
- Added new stuff and areas to take advantage of the new special items.
- Added New Game Plus to SP Adventure. Every time you beat the game (beat all bosses and then Lighthouse), it gets harder and candy is worth more points.
- Added unlockable "toys" that can be purchased for candy.
- Difficulty was rebalanced, and now affects more things.
- The effect of difficulty on NPC counts was redone.
- Stunned NPCs now fade out after a while in both game modes. Can be turned off.
- Can no longer have MP players in SP modes.
- Friendly NPCs no longer die when the level ends.
- Sally now follows the player.
- You can no longer jump when Looking with a J-Balloon.
- Players should no longer ever get stuck in the ground at the bottom of slopes.
- You can no longer uncrouch when a solid tile is above you.
- Increased the camera's maximum vertical speed.
- NPC shots can no longer spawn inside solid tiles.
- Lowered the homing range for the player's homing shot.
- The player's homing shot now ignores targets that are friendly or behind solid tiles.
- Changed the main font to be more readable.
- Fixed the ammo box HUD icon looking weird.
- Rebalanced score/candy amounts
- The achievement sound no longer plays when a special item is collected.
- Added lava to the top of the volcano. Yikes!
- Improved the experience of the first level. Added signs, removed some enemies.
- Added signs to other levels explaining some things.
- Made bananas a little easier to see.
- Collectibles that you haven't gotten yet now show up on the map.
- Added a few new water music tracks that were needed due to new swimmable areas.
- NPCs are no longer capable of walking on water.
- NPC shots hitting levers no longer adds to the "Levers Shot" stat.
- Sound effect volumes fall off more quickly with distance.
- Fireworks are now affected by pausing the game.
- Players 2-4 default controls changed.
- Players other than Player 1 can now properly grab special items.
- If all human players are dead in multiplayer, Player 1 can press shoot to kill all the bots.
- Multiplayer setup info is now persistent.
- Switching to Hubert no longer resets special item states.
- Can no longer begin climbing while looking.
- The "toggle various windows" keys can no longer override the buttons on the Sound Test screen.
- Some minor level tweaks.
- Fixed the Buy Game link in the demo version.
1.3.0 - 2012/9/1
- Minor level tweaks.
- Non-mouse window navigation now skips the X button on all windows,
- Non-mouse window nav now defaults to button 1 instead of "no button selected."
- Some windows have more convenient default buttons.
- Switched End Game and Quit button positions.
- Some code cleanup.
- Will no longer crash if in Windows, saving in My Documents, and the "My Games" folder doesn't already exist.
- Increased the volume of the swimming sound effect.
- Swimming gear works again... ahem.
- Climbing players/NPCs cannot push other players/NPCs, and vice versa.
- The camera will now always keep up with the player, regardless of how fast they are falling.
- Made the loading screens slightly prettier.
- Changed the normal main menu background.
- Improved the checkbox graphics.
- Added a Survival success sound effect.
- All characters' slide sound will now play properly.
- Gave Sketch a better slide sound.
- Levels will now take up a bit less RAM when loaded up.
- Removed Adventure maps from Survival mode, at least for now.
- Added a new character: Penny!
- Added multiplayer capabilities to the game engine.
- Added two new game modes: Multiplayer Adventure and Multiplayer Survival.
1.2.0 - 2012/7/3
- Some minor level tweaks.
- The Up key (which already read signs) now flips switches as well.
- The Use key has been changed to the Change Character key. As the name implies, it changes your character.
- Character changing has been removed from the Options window.
- In addition to respawning, passing through a spawn box or checkpoint flag now changes you to the selected character.
- The demo has been completely revamped. Less annoying/more useful info on the game, and more of the game is accessible.
- In-level lighting no longer reveals secret areas.
- Made some interesting modifications to some levels...
- Added Captain Yellowbeard's treasure hoard.
- Added Captain Bluebeard's treasure hoard.
- Added lots more FUN!
- Tweaked some NPCs.
- Miscellaneous code cleanup.
- Added Survival game mode. On that note, there are now multiple game modes.
- There are currently 3 regular Survival maps, plus one Adventure Survival map.
- Wings from J-Balloon flash when it is about to run out.
- Added Independence Day things.
- Software cursor no longer displays when all windows are closed.
1.1.0 - 2012/6/13
- Fixed a static linking problem. Well, a potential problem, anyway.
- Updated libraries.
- Tweaked starting options.
- Added save_location.cfg. Defaults to a user-editable area. See readme.txt for more information.
- Harmless sea life is no longer multiplied on higher difficulties.
- Added tons of FUN!
1.0.0 - 2012/1/27
- Initial release version!