I’ve made another release of Escape from the Master’s Lair, bringing the version up to Alpha 0.5.
Introducing a slew of bug fixes, balance improvements (including some major sweeping changes), and a few little features here and there, Alpha 0.5 should significantly improve the playability/fun factor of the game.
Highlights of this release:
* Fixed a few major problems with the template system. Items will now have proper attributes.
* Completely changed balance for armor and weapon stats.
* Significantly accelerated leveling.
* Player highlighting feature, for when you just can’t figure out who you are in life.
* Health bars are now easier to see.
* Darkness and dark spawning monsters are now more dangerous than ever!
You can go here to download binaries for Windows and Linux. If you just want to play the game, this is the link you want!
For more information on the game, you can check out the game’s official page here.
If you want to look at the source, it is always available via Mercurial. You can get a local copy here.
The whole thing is being released under the MIT License.
Please check it out and let me know what you think! Feedback is always welcome!