My roguelike project now has a name: Escape from the Master’s Lair. It is being hosted with Google, and you can check out its page here.
I haven’t released any binaries yet, but you can check out the code through Mercurial here. I’ll try to release a binary pretty soon.
Since I’m no longer shooting for a 7 day release (THAT has certainly come and gone) I am fleshing out the game a bit more, but I am still hoping to have it finished pretty soon.
Well, this year’s 7DRL contest is over. I wasn’t able to complete mine in time (we are still moving, and we got a kitten), but I did get pretty far. I will be finishing it in the coming days, and I’ll post again when I’ve got something cool to show.
Starting last night, I’ve begun working on a 7DRL for this year’s contest. For those who don’t know, 7DRL stands for Seven Day Roguelike, and it is an annual contest in which developers from around the world attempt to design and create a roguelike within seven days. For more information on the contest, see here. For more information on this year’s contest, specifically, see here. If you want to read about all of the contestants this year, check out rec.games.roguelike.development.
I’ve been working on the game since last night, mostly non-stop. A lot of the basics are working, or mostly working now. The design is coming into its own quite nicely. I’ll try to keep this space updated on further progress. Up next is more design work, and implementing the turn system. Tally-ho!