Over the past several days, I’ve been working on a number of different things.
I did some work on the NPC AI system, adding in another npc and… half of another one. I finished up some artwork requirements, and tweaked that stuff here and there. I updated the level editor. I implemented game saving, and added a way to have multiple versions of one level. This means that I can now have something happen in the game world that alters one or more levels in a drastic way. I started working on the world map player sprite, and will finish that up today. I also plan on adding in the mapping system today.
Yesterday, I began work in earnest on the Mac OS X version of the game. It has certainly been interesting thus far, mainly because this is the first time I have ever spent more than 30 seconds with a Mac of any kind. When I started this project, I only had plans for a Windows version. However, as I continued working, I began to realize that it would probably be possible to port the game to both Linux and Mac. For now, I am still only officially guaranteeing a Windows release, but I have high hopes for the Linux and Mac versions. More news on those as it develops.